HXTAL NYL-1 Epoxy Adhesive 1.3 ounce Kit
HXTAL NYL-1 is a museum quality epoxy adhesive for laminating, bonding, and repairing glass. It is a water white (optically clear) adhesive with the same index of refraction as borosilicate glass. HXTAL is extremely versatile and can be thinned down for use as a clear coat or allowed to thicken in order to mold into missing parts of glass. With a long history and excellent track record it is one of the best adhesives for bonding glass to glass and glass to other mediums. The 1.3 ounce kit contains 1 ounce of Part A and 0.33 ounce of Part B in convenient glass pipet bottles for easy mixing of smaller amounts.
Write Your Own Review
Is there a good release agent for HXTL? Vaseline?
I haven't used Vasoline before but it should probably work. I have used standard mold release spray before and it has worked well as a release for HXTAL.
- Tensile Strength: 5400psi
- Tensile Modulus: 316,000psi
- Elongation: 3%
- Flexural Strength: 10,100psi
- Flexural Modulus: 365,000psi
- Impact Strength: 0.14ft lbs per inch
- Shore D Hardness: 78
- Refractive Index: 1.515
- Gel Time: 110g at 100 degrees F - 262.7minutes
- Cure time of 0.2mm film at 25 degree C: Cure to touch- 15.3 hours. Full Cure - 30.9 hours
We found other products you might like!