HXTAL NYL-1 Epoxy Adhesive 1/4 Pound Kit
HXTAL behaves more like a plastic. In small areas it can be polished like the glass but larger areas will struggle to polish with cerium.
You can thin HXTAL with Acetone for clear coating surfaces. For filling holes, you'll want to warm up the HXTAL in a hot water bath to thin it down. Don't use the acetone as you'll need air movement around the epoxy in order for the acetone to evaporate...
Hello, You can use the epoxy solvent we sell called Attack. This will need to soak on the joint for quite a while and it will slowly eat away at the glue. This is a slow process and the larger the size the harder it gets to pull apart. Some people...
No. HXTAL is an epoxy so it is a chemical reaction between the resin and hardner. No UV light required
Yes, but the weak spot of the joint will be the mirroring on the glass and not the HXTAL. The HXTAL will bond to the mirroring but the mirroring may shed from the glass over time.
- Tensile Strength: 5400psi
- Tensile Modulus: 316,000psi
- Elongation: 3%
- Flexural Strength: 10,100psi
- Flexural Modulus: 365,000psi
- Impact Strength: 0.14ft lbs per inch
- Shore D Hardness: 78
- Refractive Index: 1.515
- Gel Time: 110g at 100 degrees F - 262.7minutes
- Cure time of 0.2mm film at 25 degree C: Cure to touch- 15.3 hours. Full Cure - 30.9 hours